Construction of Keepit Dam began in the late 1930’s but was delayed during WW2. Work was restarted after the war and only reached completion in 1960. The mass concrete main dam and several rock-filled saddle dams give a storage capacity of 425000 megalitres. Keepit Dam has undergone recent upgrades, the most recent was to strengthen the concrete structure using post tensioned cables. This work would ensure potential overturning effects during flood and/or earthquake events would be mitigated HMA Geotechnical was contracted to supply large diameter Vibrating Wire load cells and logging systems to monitor the tensioning of the reinforcing cables and thereby the load in kN.