Vibrating Wire Piezometer
The Vibrating Wire Piezometer (VWP) is the industry standard in pore pressure monitoring. Constructed from high-quality 316 stainless steel, the VWP is capable of performing with long cable runs with an operation longevity for many years. More reliable than a strain-gauge or 4-20 mA piezometer, the VWP can be used for static water level measurement, tailings dam monitoring, mine dewatering, aquifer monitoring and many other applications. The HMA Geotechnical Vibrating Wire Piezometer is compatible with most commercially available readouts and dataloggers.
- Monitoring of pore pressures in both saturated and partially saturated soils within embankments, compacted fills, and boreholes.
- Assess stability, permeability and hydrological aspects of water supply and underground construction
- Monitoring the uplift pressure in earth structures
- Monitoring hydraulic pressure in tanks and pipelines
- Static water level measurements
- Pressure Rating (kPa): 70, 170, 350, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7500, 10000, 20000
- Accuracy: ±0.1% F.S.
- Temperature Range (°C): −20 to +80
- Filter Size (Microns): 40
- Over Range: 1.5 x Pressure Rating
- Dimensions (mm): Ø 19 x 136
- Weight (kg): 0.2