B&W Diamond Power Sootblower Poppet Valves
Long retractable sootblowers periodically require adjustment of head pressure settings to achieve desired steam pressure levels for cleaning. Historically, in order to adjust head pressure settings, standard poppet valves had to be closed /isolated and the sootblower shut off oftentimes across the entire bank. The externally adjustable pressure control (EAPC) poppet-valve was invented to solve this problem, and has undergone significant design improvements since its first introduction to market in the 1990s.
Features & Benefits
- Welded flexible valve seat and disc to prevent distortion from thermal stress
- Long term reliability with freedom from leakage
- Pressure control disc made from materials proven to withstand steam service
- Adjustment flexibility among styles
- Steam yoke ensures positive valve closure