The Standpipe Piezometer has a perforated PVC body containing a 70 micron filter element. It allows levelling and sampling of groundwater and in-situ permeability testing. Upgrading with a diaphragm type piezometer (Model 1100 or Model 1200) is possible at a different stage.
A large number of uniform pores permit high permeability in a short length. To get the same open area as a 300 mm length of plastic filter material. One would need 7 m of a standard 25 mm slotted pipe.
Drive-in models are available (Model 1050).
- Monitoring of pore pressures in dams and embankments
- Slope stability analysis
- Leachate extraction
- Groundwater sampling and monitoring
- Dewatering and drainage operations
- Protected filter element
- Uniform filter porosity
- Smooth filter element resists clogging
- May be cleaned by backflushing
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Drive-In models available (galvanised steel)
- Permeability: 3 x 10-4 m/s (low air entry)
- Pore diameter (microns): 70
- Filter area (cm2): 245
- Dimensions (PVC) (mm): Ø 33.4 x 354
- Dimension (galvanised steel) (mm): Ø 33.8 x 370
- Weight (PVC) (kg): 0.14
- Weight (galvanised steel) (kg): 1