Recently designed for 2019, HMA Geotechnical is pleased to present the most up to date Laval Underground Surveys R-CAM, the R-CAM TLE Level Wind. Intended to build on the flexibility and transportability of the R-CAM camera framework, the R-CAM TLE Level Wind includes a large group of highlights not found on the standard R-CAM XLT winch, beginning with the incorporation of a level wind. The R-CAM TLE’s level wind has been intended to give a higher degree of cable management that allows the operator to focus solely on conducting video surveys. The R-CAM TLE likewise includes a high resolution, 100 pulse encoder that has been repositioned to vastly increase counter accuracy and allow for a variety of in-field setups such as the use of a tripod.
To expand the dimension of versatility of the R-CAM TLE, the extendable boom arm and winch handle can now be totally removed to help in transporting, mounting, dispatching, or putting away the system. Moreover, a battery compartment has been added to give a helpful area to store the 12-volt battery.
The R-CAM TLE Level Wind is available as an upgrade for both new and existing R-CAM camera systems. The winch comes equipped with either 1,000 feet (304.8 m) or 1,300 feet (396.24 m) of coaxial, Kevlar reinforced cable.
R-CAM TLE Level Wind Technical Specifications
- Transport: Removable Boom and Handle
- Counter: 100PPR, High-Resolution Optical Encoder with Dual Pressure Rollers
- Spooling: Automatic, Gear Driven Level Wind to Evenly Distribute Cable
- Speed: 9 rpm
- Motor: 12VDC Gear Motor
- Drive: Onboard Variable Speed Motor Controller
- Torque: 53 in lbs.
- Power Source: 12VDC Battery Pack with Voltmeter and Charger
- Dimensions: 40” (101.6 cm) Tall, 18” (45.72 cm) Wide, 47” (119.38 cm) Long
- Weight: 130lbs (58.97 kg)
- Cable Capacity: 1,000’ (304.8 m) or 1,300’ (396.24 m) Kevlar-Reinforced, Coaxial Cable
- Cable Head: Detachable Laval Quick-Connect Cable Head, Pressure Rated to 5,000 PSI with Built-in Strain Relief