Many materials handling systems require the need to create a storage pile of product. This can be accomplished with something as simple as a fixed stack out conveyor or as complex as a luffing or slewing powered radial stacking conveyor. HMA Materials Handling states that the optimum stacking conveyor design is determined by many project factors, including storage capacity requirement versus space available, material characteristics such as dust or flow problems and reclaim methods.
Radial stacking conveyors from HMA Materials Handling are used to stockpiling material, usually aggregates, for later use. The conveyors pivot about their tail terminals, allowing them to form an arc or conical piles for extra storage. They can also raise and lower, either manually or by hydraulics.
In terms of stacking conveyor options, HMA Materials Handling’s experience includes the custom design of the following:
- Fixed stacking conveyors with or without telescopic chutes and/or Jet Slingers
- Tower mounted luffing (vertical travel) stackers
- Tower mounted luffing and slewing (radial travel) stacking conveyors
- Kingpost type, fixed height radial stacking conveyors
- Kingpost type, luffing and slewing radial stacking conveyors
- Tyre-mounted units as well as rail wheel on track mounted units
HMA Materials Handling stacking conveyor applications: