The Baker Hughes Measurement & Control PanaFlow HT (High Temperature) Panametrics ultrasonic SIL flow meter for liquids from HMA Instrumentation is a SIL-rated flow meter used for flow measurement of liquids in either nominal or extremely high or low process temperatures. It is the first ultrasonic flow meter to receive SIL (Safety Integrity Level) certification.
As a safety flow meter, or coker flow meter, the PanaFlow HT SIL flow meter from HMA Instrumentation is designed for use in safety-critical applications where reliability ensures reduction in risk to personnel, plant assets, the environment and corporate reputations. It also offers advantages for any non-safety critical application where reliable ultrasonic flow measurement is required.
- Coker crude distillation
- Vacuum distillation
- Crude oil
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- No drifting flow measurement
- No periodic calibration required
- No maintenance
- No restriction in the pipe
- Reliable measurement by design (IEC61508 certification pending)
- Flow measurement in extremely high process temperature (600°C) applications
- Flow measurement in extremely low process temperature (–200°C) applications
- Bidirectional measurement